DECATUR, GA– DeKalb County Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs will offer a winter break minicamp on Feb. 18, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. The cost of camp is $10 a day for children ages 5-12. Participants must provide their own breakfast, lunch and snack.
Park staff will meet campers outside all recreation centers for curbside dropoff and pickup. Parents will not be allowed to enter the facility during operating hours. All campers are required to be screened via temperature checks and must wear a mask while indoors.
Children who participate in the camp will engage in a variety of recreational and art activities. Registration is limited this year to allow camp staffers to create small groups and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
To access online registration, visit www.dekalbcountyga.gov/parks and click the “Register Online” button on the department’s homepage. The below recreation centers will be open for registration:
- Exchange Recreation Center, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30034
- Gresham Recreation Center, 3113 Gresham Road, Atlanta, GA 30316
- Hamilton Recreation Center, 3263 Chapel Street, Scottdale, GA 30079
- Mason Mill Recreation Center, 1340-B McConnell Drive, Decatur, GA 30033
- Midway Recreation Center, 3181 Midway Road, Decatur, GA 30032
- Lucious Sanders Center, 2484 Bruce Street, Lithonia, GA 30058
- N.H. Scott Recreation Center, 2230 Tilson Road, Decatur, GA 30032
- Tobie Grant Recreation Center, 644 Parkdale Drive, Scottdale, GA 30079