DEKALB COUNTY, GA– The DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office Field Operations Criminal Process and Uniform Units made 17 warrant arrests without incident this week during the second phase of “Operation Family 2022,” a concentrated effort targeting domestic violence suspects.
The operation cleared 25 outstanding warrants on May 18 and May19 in the Lithonia, Decatur and Stone Mountain areas of DeKalb County, Sheriff Melody Maddox said.
“Domestic violence offenders pose an ongoing threat to families and children as long as they remain free in the community,” said Maddox. “Offenders move around to avoid being arrested. Our deputies made 135 visits to various locations in these communities in a two-day period to find and apprehend persons accused in arrest warrants of committing domestic violence crimes. Each arrest represents a safer environment for potential victims, and we will do everything possible to protect our citizens, who depend on us to provide public safety.”
Operation Family 2022 arrestees and charges are:
1. Aaron Knowles – Battery/Family Violence
2. Daisey Coley – Aggravated Assault Family Violence
3. Ashley Dablah – Battery Family Violence
4. Arkeya Barrow – Battery/Cruelty to Children in the Third Degree
5. Alexcia Bell – Criminal Trespass, Damage Less Than $500
6. Devaughn Deval Evans – Pointing or Aiming Gun or Pistol at Another,/Simple Battery Harm
7. Darius Carnell Williams – Battery/Family Violence
8. Garrett Hendrix – Terroristic Threats and Acts
9. Jamal Mitchum – Pointing or Aiming Gun or Pistol at Another, Cruelty to Children in the Third Degree
10. Isaac Thomas – Battery Family Violence/Obstruction of Law Enforcement Officers
11. Graham J. Sawyer – Battery Family Violence
12. Geneva William – Battery/Family Violence
13. Yalsin Ramirez – Aggravated Assault Strangulation, Cruelty to Children in the Third Degree
14. John Thadeous McCant – Simple Battery Provoke
15. Jordan Nigel Troup – Cruelty to Children in the Third Degree, Battery Family Violence First Offense
16. Sydney Goolsby – Battery/Family Violence
17. Timothy Smith – Cruelty to Children in the Third Degree, Battery Family Violence First Offense
All suspects were arrested without incident and transported to the DeKalb County Jail.