Human Services Department and Community Development Department will partner with local YMCAs to launch an aquatics program for seniors. The program will provide seniors with water safety education, water fitness and water aerobics classes.
The program will be available for one year and will offer seniors classes every week Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Aquatics classes will vary at each location. Transportation will be provided to and from locations.
Participating YMCA locations include:
- Cowart Family YMCA, 3692 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Atlanta
- Decatur Family YMCA, 1100 Clairemont Avenue, Decatur
- East Lake Family YMCA, 275 Eva Davis Way SE, Atlanta
- South DeKalb Family YMCA, 2565 Snapfinger Road, Decatur
- Wade Walker Park Family YMCA, 5605 Rockbridge Road S.W. Stone Mountain
To participate, seniors must be a DeKalb County resident and a member of a DeKalb County Human Services senior center.
Officials say the partnership will allow the Human Services Department to double its aquatics programming for seniors throughout the county. Approximately 200 seniors will be able to participate.
For more information, contact Kathryn White, management analyst, at 770-322-2941 or email@example.com.