ATLANTA— The City of Atlanta entered Phase 4 of its reopening plan, effective June 9. City officials said non-mission-critical employees are now permitted to resume in-person operations at City facilities under enhanced safety requirements and measures. City facilities remain closed to the public.
City leadership has made numerous policy and procedural changes for in-person operations to accommodate health and safety precautions, including the following:
- Masks will be required in City facilities, for vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
- Employees and members of the public entering City buildings will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure.
- Temperature screening device have been installed at public entrances.
- Developed more rigorous cleaning protocols for the security bins at the security checkpoint entrances
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout City facilities.
- Increased cleaning at City facilities
- Purchased new janitorial cleaning and disinfecting system, including foggers that sanitize the entire space
- Discontinued use of water fountains
- Enhanced air systems to improve airflow and ventilation
- Touchless soap dispensers in restrooms
City officials said frontline staff continued work onsite and in-person throughout the pandemic to ensure that essential City services could continue uninterrupted.