DECATUR, GA – The DeKalb County Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs has opened registration for a one day mini-camp experience to accommodate the DeKalb County School District closing in celebration of our very own Atlanta Braves winning the 2021 World Series title.
The one -day mini camp is for ages 5 -15, Nov. 5, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. The camp fee is $10 per child. All participants must bring breakfast, lunch and snack.
Park staff will meet campers outside all recreation centers for curbside drop-off and pickup. Parents will not be allowed to enter the facility during operating hours. All campers are required to be screened for temperature checks and must wear a mask while indoors.
Children who participate in the camp will engage in a variety of recreational and art activities. Registration is limited this year to allow us to create small groups and is on a first-come, first serve basis.
To access online registration, visit www.dekalbcountyga.gov/parks and click the “Register Online” button on the department’s homepage. The below recreation center’s will be open for registration:
- Exchange Recreation Center, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30034
- Gresham Recreation Center, 3113 Gresham Road, Atlanta, GA 30316
- Hamilton Recreation Center, 3263 Chapel Street, Scottdale, GA 30079
- Lucious Sanders Recreation Center, 2484 Bruce Street, Lithonia, GA 30058
- Mason Mill Recreation Center, 1340-B McConnell Drive, Decatur, GA 30033
- Midway Recreation Center, 3181 Midway Road, Decatur, GA 30032
- N.H. Scott Recreation Center, 2230 Tilson Road, Decatur, GA 30032
- Tobie Grant Recreation Center, 644 Parkdale Drive, Scottdale, GA 30079