The DeKalb County Board of Registration and Elections (BRE) is planning a single polling place change for the Jan 5, 2021 runoff election.
Under the proposed change, voters who recently cast their ballots during November’s general election at the Briarwood Recreation Center in Brookhaven will now move to the Lynwood Recreation Center, located at 3360 Osborn Rd. NE in Brookhaven for the runoff election.
The proposed shift in location, which is approximately 3 miles away from the previous location, is necessary due to major renovations at the Briarwood Recreation Center.
This change will become effective after Dec. 24 unless the BRE receives public comment in opposition to such change, in which case the BRE will hold a special called meeting to consider public comments received and further action on the proposed change.
“We are pleased to offer the same number of polling locations as the General Election, but this shift in Brookhaven is necessary due to planned renovations,” said DeKalb County Voter Registration and Election Director Erica Hamilton. “We encourage all voters to double-check their polling locations to ensure that they know where to go to vote.”
DeKalb’s Voter Registration and Elections Office will mail impacted voters a letter to inform them of any changes. Additionally, signs will be placed at the previous voting location to redirect voters to the new location.
“We apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause, and we encourage all voters to check our website for up-to-date information on advance voting, drop boxes, and polling place information,” Hamilton said. “We’re looking forward to another seamless election with record turnout.”
Hamilton’s department also will publicize any changes online at www.DeKalbVotes.com, on social media and in local newspapers across DeKalb County. For additional information about DeKalb County Voter Registration and Elections, visit www.DeKalbVotes.com.
AT A GLANCE: Proposed precinct change for Jan. 5 Runoff Election
- DeKalb Voter Registration and Elections is considering changing only one voting location for the Jan. 5, 2021, runoff election due to planned renovations.
- If the change becomes effective, voters who utilized Briarwood Recreation Center for November’s General Election will shift to Lynwood Recreation Center, both located in Brookhaven.
- Only impacted voters will receive a letter from DeKalb Voter Registration and Elections alerting them of any precinct changes.
- If the change becomes effective, signage will be placed at the Briarwood Recreation Center on Election Day to redirect voters to Lynwood Recreation Center.
- For information on advance, absentee or Election Day voting, visit www.DeKalbVotes.com.