DEKALB COUNTY, GA—Voters in DeKalb County who wish to vote with an absentee ballot are encouraged to review the steps for voting absentee.
Here are five important reminders for absentee voters:
- If you haven’t already, request your ballot NOW at www.dekalbvotes.com or email@example.com to request online. The deadline is Friday, Oct. 28 to request a ballot, but DeKalb Voter Registration and Elections (VRE) cannot guarantee mail times.
- Once you receive your ballot, read it completely and fill it out thoroughly.
- IMPORTANT: you must place your completed ballot in the “Official Absentee Envelope” that comes with your blank ballot and complete the oath. Failure to complete the oath will result in your vote not being counted. If this happens, your ballot will need to be “cured” and you’ll be contacted by DeKalb VRE. All ballots need to be cured no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 14, 2022.
- Return your ballot by mail (must be received by Nov. 8, 2022, at 7 p.m.), via any DeKalb County drop box, or hand deliver to the DeKalb County VRE office located at 4380 Memorial Drive in Decatur. Drop boxes are only open during advance voting hours, and will not be available after Nov. 4.
- If you have any questions when filling out your ballot, please call DeKalb County VRE at 404-298-4020.
“Absentee voting is a convenient way to vote, and we are pleased to see that so many people are taking advantage of this easy option to cast their ballot,” said Keisha Smith, executive director of DeKalb VRE. “As a reminder, we encourage people to use drop boxes or hand-deliver to our office as Election Day comes closer.”
For any additional questions, call DeKalb Voter Registration and Elections at 404-298-4020 or visit www.DeKalbVotes.com.