DECATUR, GA—DeKalb County Government is partnering with local faith leaders to distribute 5,000 boxes of produce and chicken on Saturday, Oct. 8.
DeKalb CEO Michael Thurmond and the Board of Commissioners are extending a special invitation to DeKalb residents who are hosting Hurricane Ian evacuees.
“People of goodwill are encouraged to love our neighbors as ourselves,” CEO Thurmond said. “We are helping those who are helping others.”
On Saturday, Oct. 8, at 9 a.m., food distributions will be held at the following locations:
- New Birth Missionary Baptist Church,6400 Woodrow Rd., Stonecrest
- Beulah Missionary Baptist Church, Clifton Springs Rd. Decatur
- Shy Temple CME Church, 2030 Wesley Chapel Road, Decatur
- Big Miller Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 3800 Big Miller Grove Way, Stonecrest
- Berean Christian Church, 2201 Young Road, Stone Mountain
- The Covenant Church, 1700 Corey Blvd., Decatur
- Saint Phillip AME, 240 Candler Rd. SE, Atlanta
- Rehoboth Baptist Church, 2997 Lawrenceville Highway, Tucker
The county is utilizing federal American Rescue Plan funding to purchase the produce.