The DeKalb County Youth Commission is accepting applications. Members of the Youth Commission discuss pressing youth issues with elected officials and community leaders and serve as spokespersons for youth in the community.
The DeKalb County Youth Commission meets twice per month. Applicants must:
- Be a resident of the DeKalb County
- Be between 16-18 years of age in the 2017 -2018 academic year;
- Submit a completed application to the DeKalb County Office of Youth Services;
- Submit a Personal Statement to include hobbies, social and/or civic affiliations and extra-curricular activities
- Submit a Recommendation Letter from a Teacher, Counselor, Principal, Pastor/Religious Leader, or community member who has known the applicant for at least one year.
For more information or to apply, contact JaShawn Williams, Youth Commission Coordinator at 404-687-7108 or via email at email@example.com