Decatur, GA.— Beginning on October 17 through November 4, registered voters in DeKalb County will head to the polls for advance voting, also called early voting.
Here are 5 important reminders for those planning to vote early:
- During the advance voting period, registered voters can cast ballots at any DeKalb location. For a list of locations, click here.
- Drop boxes are available in DeKalb, but only at six select advance voting sites and are only accessible during operating hours. View the list here.
- If you are a voter with a physical disability or are 75 years of age and older, you do not need to wait in line. Just walk to the entrance and a poll worker will assist you in casting your ballot.
- A valid photo ID is needed to vote. For a list of acceptable IDs, click here.
- DeKalb County offers voter information in Spanish and Korean, and that info can be accessed here.
“Advance voting is a safe and convenient way to cast your ballot during this upcoming election and we are pleased to offer 16 accessible locations throughout the county,” said Keisha Smith, executive director of DeKalb VRE. “We’re anticipating a large turnout for the General Election and as always, we encourage voters to make a plan to vote!”
For any additional questions, please call DeKalb Voter Registration and Elections at 404-298-4020 or visit www.DeKalbVotes.com.