The first four days of qualifying have yielded challengers vying for seats in DeKalb and Rockdale currently held by veteran incumbents.
Here’s a look at the incumbents and challengers as of Thursday, March 8, (qualifying for the May 22 election end on Friday, March 9, at noon):
- DeKalb County District 3 Commissioner Larry Johnson will face challenger Felton Wright.
- District 43 State Sen. Tonya P. Anderson, Democrat, will face Joel Thibodeaux, also a Democrat.
- State Rep. Howard Mosby, District 83, will face Becky Evans. Both are Democrats.
- State Rep. Michelle Henson, District 86, will face Joscelyn C. Oneil. Both are Democrats.
- State Rep. Earnest “Coach” Williams, District 87, will face Viloa Davis. Both are Democrats.
- State Rep. Pam Dickerson, District 113, will face Sharon Henderson Both are Democrats.
- DeKalb Board of Education member Marshall Orson will face Candice D. McKinley for the District 2 seat.
For updates on qualified candidates, visit ocgnews.com