Rockdale County Chairman Oz Nesbitt, Sr. is seeking nominations to honor the dedicated, hardworking and often unnoticed Rockdale citizens with the new Unsung Hero Award at his inaugural 2017 State of the County Evening Address on Thursday, March 9, 7 p.m., at the Rockdale County Auditorium.
Nominees should be residents who work in the community behind the scenes or out of the limelight, seeking no accolades for their work and volunteer efforts. The other eligibility requirements include:
- Nominees can be of any age.
- Must be a current citizen of Rockdale County.
- Nominations must be submitted by another person. A person cannot nominate themselves. Nominations cannot be submitted anonymously.
- Nominees will be evaluated on their volunteer work in 2016.
- Nominations will only be accepted through the nomination form on the County website or by form in person by the submission deadline of Monday, Feb. 27, 5 p.m.
Citizens can nominate members of the community at www.rockdalecountyga.gov/unsung_hero_award. Hard copy forms can be found at the front desk of the Administrative Services Building and returned at 958 Milstead Ave., Conyers, 30012, addressed to Community Affairs and Innovative Programs.
For more information, call 770-278-7050 or e-mail email@example.com.