Rockdale County officials have scheduled three informational sessions and three guided tours for the public to learn more about the proposed courthouse referendum.
The first informational session will be held March 20, 6 to 7 p.m., at Hightower Trail Elementary, 2510 GA-138, Conyers, just before the 7 p.m. Board of Commissioners meeting.
The sessions will give members of the public the chance to view visual displays about the proposed referendum, ask questions and share concerns.
The informational sessions are as follows:
- Tuesday, March 20, 6 to 7 p.m. – Hightower Trail Elementary, 2510 GA-138, Conyers
- Tuesday, April 17, 6 to 7 p.m. – Shoal Creek Elementary, 1300 McWilliams Rd SW, Conyers
- Tuesday, May 15, 6 to 7 p.m. – Honey Creek Elementary, 700 Honey Creek Rd SE, Conyers
Guided tours of the Rockdale County Courthouse will be held at 922 Court St., Conyers. The dates and times for the tours are as follows:
- Friday, April 20, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Friday, April 20, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 9, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Those planning to attend the tours are encouraged to RSVP at the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/courthouse-tours-tickets-44143221564. These meetings and tours are open to the public, and the public is invited and encouraged to attend.
For more information about the meetings and guided tours, contact Jorge Diez at 770-278-7056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.