Stonecrest City Councilman George Turner will host a Census Complete Count Committee meeting on Thursday, April 16, 6 to 7 p.m.
Turner, who heads the city’s Complete Count Committee, is inviting the community to join the teleconference.
The committee will provide updates and discuss efforts that the city of Stonecrest is making to encourage every resident to answer the 2020 Census.
Stonecres, which has an estimated population of 54,000 residents, has had a 39.6 percent response rate so far, according to recent statistics from the U.S. Census. The neighboring cities of Lithonia has had a 36.5 percent response rate, while Stone Mountain has had 40.6 percent and Decatur has had a 56.9 percent response rate.
The teleconference will be available at ZOOM.com
The meeting agenda is as follows:
- COVID-19 Impact on Complete Count Efforts
- Follow-up to appeal for church announcements and review of appeal assignments
- School assignments for mass appeals new strategies
- Strategy to reach apartments and condos
- Website review. www.stonecrestcensus2020.org
- Yard signs strategic locations
- Summary of online registration and next registration movement
For more information, contact Councilman George Turner at email@example.com.