The DeKalb County Department of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Affairs’ annual canned food drive to combat local hunger will begin on Oct. 30. The food drive, which has been held for 10 years, encourages residents to donate nonperishable food items at select county locations until Nov. 17. Donations will be given to families in need who participate in park programs.
Food donation collection sites:
- Fire Rescue Headquarters, 1950 West Exchange Place, 1st floor, Decatur
- Browns Mill Recreation Center, 5101 Browns Mill Road, Lithonia
- Exchange Recreation Center, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur
- Gresham Recreation Center, 3113 Gresham Road, Atlanta
- Hamilton Recreation Center, 3263 Chapel Street, Scottdale
- Lucious Sanders Recreation Center, 2484 Bruce Street, Lithonia
- Mason Mill Recreation Center, 1340-B McConnell Drive, Decatur
- Midway Recreation Center, 3181 Midway Road, Decatur
- H. Scott Recreation Center, 2230 Tilson Road, Decatur
- Porter Sanford III Performing Arts & Community Center, 3181 Rainbow Drive, Decatur
- Redan Recreation Center, 1839 Phillips Road, Lithonia
- Tobie Grant Recreation Center, 644 Parkdale Drive, Scottdale
- Tucker Recreation Center, 4898 LaVista Road, Tucker
Fire Rescue Headquarters will be open seven days a week from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Recreation centers and Porter Sanford III Performing Arts & Community Center will be open Monday to Friday from 1 to 5 p.m.
For more information, contact LaShanda Davis, public relations specialist, at 404-371-3643 or firstname.lastname@example.org.