|The Georgia Department of Transportation (Georgia DOT) is partnering with Indeed.com to host a virtual job fair for Highway Emergency Response Operator (HERO) trainees in the metro Atlanta area. The virtual job fair will be held on Thursday, Nov.10, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Georgia DOT HERO operators play a very important role in ensuring the safety of motorists on metro Atlanta’s busy interstates. HEROs are dispatched to traffic-related incidents in metro Atlanta with the primary duty to clear roads so that normal traffic flow is restored. HEROs also assist stranded motorists with flat tires, dead batteries or in need of fuel or coolant.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age; possess a high school diploma or GED; and possess a valid driver’s license. Jobs will be offered on the spot to those who meet the requirements.
Steps to becoming a HERO:
1. Sign up for an interview slot during the virtual job fair on Nov. 10
3. Get selected to be a HERO operator trainee
4. Attend HERO Academy (8-week program)
5. Complete field training (4-week program)
7. Go on patrol as a HERO Operator
· Salary: $34,155.00
· 40-hour work week
· Health insurance benefit eligibility upon hire
· 12 paid holidays
· Career growth opportunities
To register for the job fair, click below: