ATLANTA—The Georgia Department of Transportation (Georgia DOT) is partnering with Indeed.com to host a virtual job fair for HERO Operator Trainees in the metro Atlanta area.
Georgia DOT HERO operators play a very important role in ensuring the safety of motorists on metro Atlanta’s busy interstates. HEROs are dispatched to traffic-related incidents in metro Atlanta with the primary duty to clear roads so that normal traffic flow is restored. HEROs also assist stranded motorists with flat tires, dead batteries or in need of fuel or coolant. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age; possess a high school diploma or GED; and possess a valid driver’s license.
STEPS TO BECOMING A HERO:
- Sign up for an interview slot during the virtual job fair on November 10
- Get selected to be a HERO operator trainee
- Attend HERO Academy (8 week program)
- Complete field training (4 week program)
- Go on patrol as a HERO Operator
- Salary: $38,000.00
- 40-hour work week
- Health insurance benefit eligibility upon hire
- 12 paid holidays
- Career growth opportunities
WHEN: Thursday, March 23, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
HOW: Applicants looking for a career in public service will select a specific 30 minute time slot upon registration.