State Rep. Dar’shun Kendrick (D-Lithonia), along with Rep. Karen Bennett (D-Stone Mountain) and the Upsilon Alpha Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. will co-sponsor a discussion concerning the national popular vote on Tuesday, Jan. 10, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., at the Centerville Community Center, 3025 Bethany Church Road, Snellville.
Kendrick will moderate as Rep. Brad Raffensperger (R-Johns Creek) and national expert Scott Drexel discuss the national popular vote effort and Georgia’s involvement in the movement.
The objectives of this discussion are:
- To learn what the Electoral College is and dispel myths
- To learn how the interstate compact will help with the national popular vote movement
- To learn why states are considering changing from the “winner takes all” statues to populist vote statutes
- To learn how the state legislative process would work to make this happen
- To learn who to contact to learn more about the subject and read for yourself
- To learn where you can get involved to lobby for change